Webinar on GeoERA Information Platform (25/02/2021). By Edd Lewis from the British Geological Survey
Recent communication with the GeoERA science projects highlighted that many people would appreciate a demonstration of the GeoERA Information Platform (EGDI) issue triage system.
Edd ran through the GeoERA Information Platform support pages available at https://geoera-gip.github.io/support/
He recommended to consult the documentation available at these pages in order to help data providers deliver data through the EGDI Information Platform and to know about manual input of metadata (MIcKA). See the picture or clic the links
- Using EGDI – http://egdi-public.gitlabpages.geus.dk/egdi-documentation/#/
- Using MIcKA – https://czechgeologicalsurvey.github.io/MICKA-Docs/
Through the MIcKA Documentation you’ll find the Metadata Cookbook Lite. At point 1.4 “Manual input of metadata” chapter you can find all the details described.
On the other hand, you can access to the issue tracker system at the bottom of GeoERA Information Platform Support page, there you can clic on WP8 Issue Tracker
Then you will be addressed to GeoERA-GIP / Project-Support-WP8 on GitHub
Edd then demonstrated the GitHub-powered issue tracker system pointing out that issues can be posted directly into the platform at https://github.com/GeoEra-GIP/Project-Support-WP8/issues (the preference) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
He also showed:
1. How users need to register and create a login in order to submit issues
2. How to create an issue in GitHub and directed the audience to further guidance at https://docs.github.com/en/github/managing-your-work-on-github/creating-an-issue
3. WP8 (Data Provider Support) staff receive an email notification when an issue is posted
4. A member of WP8 assigns each issue to the most qualified individual to answer the issue posted (finding suitable individuals has often been the biggest cause of delay)
5. Assignees get a notification and respond directly into the issue tracker
6. The issue originator must check back to see if a response has been posted. They will not get an automated notification although it is possible for them to modify their notification settings.
7. Issues are tagged with keywords so they can be grouped and considered for creation of FAQs or additions to existing documentation to address common problems.
8. Questions asked directly to individuals are captured retrospectively into the issue tracker as much as possible, but this very much depends on individuals.
You can access to the complete webinar here: https://geoera-gip.github.io/support/