Gregor Goetzl (GBA), 15 December 2020
For the second time, the European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) organized the Shallow Geothermal Energy Days policy and research event in cooperation with RHC-ETIP, Geotrainet, the COST Action Geothermal-DHC and the MUSE project. The Shallow Geothermal Energy Days aim to connect policy makers, industry and researchers to foster the use of shallow geothermal in Europe. This year, the event took place from 4 to 11 December and it was fully online due to the current CoviD-19 situation, which boosted the number of registered participants from around 70 in 2019 to more than 300 in 2020.
MUSE supported the policy session of the Shallow Geothermal Energy Days event with two key notes on “shallow geothermal energy use in Brussels” by Estelle Petitclerc (RBINS-GSB) and on “managing shallow geothermal in urban areas from the perspective of Geological Survey Organizations” by Gregor Goetzl (GBA). Furthermore, Gregor moderated the best practice session on the second day of the event. For a full review of the Shallow Geothermal Energy Days 2020 please visit https://www.egec.org/events/european-shallow-geothermal-days-2020/.
Save the date Shallow Geothermal Energy Days 2021, first week of October 2021: MUSE intends to also co-organize the next Shallow Geothermal Energy Days, which are supposed to be a hybrid event taking place in Barcelona, Spain and online.
Other MUSE Posts:
- MUSE – Monitoring Closed-loop systems and Open-loop systems
- MUSE – Geothermal heat pumps, a highly dynamic market in Europe!
- MUSE and the underground urban heat island effect
- MUSE – Open-loop systems requirements & advantages
- MUSE – Web-based information systems for shallow geothermal energy
- MUSE – Closed-loop systems requirements & advantages
- MUSE results published in Energy Policy
- MUSE – Differences between deep and shallow geothermal energy
- Legal framework, procedures and policies of shallow geothermal energy use in the EU and MUSE partner countries
- BBC article about MUSE activities in Cardiff
- Pilot area activities – #14 Assessment of shallow geothermal energy resources in Warsaw agglomeration, Poland
- Pilot area activities – #13 Geophysical survey and groundwater monitoring in Brussels, Belgium
- MUSE at “EGU2020: Sharing Geoscience Online” – Free online geoscience conference
- Pilot area activities – #12 Thermal groundwater use in the urbanized area of Zagreb, Croatia